February 14, 2017 - TELL Oregon 2016 Report Release
The TELL Oregon 2016 Final Report is now posted on the website.
December 05, 2017 - Webinar: TELLing It Like It Is: Using Data to Drive School Improvement
New Teacher Center will host a webinar on the Teaching, Empowering, Leading and Learning (TELL) Survey. With a thorough understanding of the teaching and learning conditions in their school or districts, administrators can better prioritize resources and efforts to better student learning outcomes.
- Dawn Shephard, New Teacher Center (Moderator)
- Patti Simmons, Hillsborough County (FL) Public Schools
- Dr. Hilda Rosselli, Oregon Chief Education Office
The Teaching, Empowering, Leading, and Learning (TELL) Survey – administered by New Teacher Center – is a nationally recognized instrument aligned with contemporary education research. TheTELL Survey gathers and analyzes anonymous educator perceptions of teaching and learning conditions across core constructs, including: community support & involvement, facilities & resources, instructional practices & support, managing student conduct, professional development, school leadership, teacher leadership, and use of time.
Webinar attendees will learn about administering and evaluating survey results and about how the TELL data is used by states and school districts to prioritize efforts to improve professional learning opportunities, heighten teacher efficacy, create opportunities and pathways for teacher leadership, and ultimately transform teaching and learning conditions to improve educational outcomes for students.
December 11, 2017 - Webinar: Supporting Students Through Effective Educators: Evidence-Based Strategies to Increase Student Learning
Join The New Teacher Center and Education Week for an in-depth discussion on proven ways to increase student learning, and explore how districts can support educators and get real results.
In this webinar, New Teacher Center and district partners will outline:
- The challenges districts face sifting through what works and investing in programs that increase student learning and achievement
- The evidence-based programs and research that have proven to increase student learning
- How such programs have been successfully implemented in districts and schools across the country
- Lynn Kepp, senior vice president of strategic partnerships, New Teacher Center (moderator)
- Laura Baker, vice president of program strategy and implementation, New Teacher Center
- Milissa McClaire Gary, senior program consultant of program strategy and delivery department and federal grants, New Teacher Center
- Ali Picucci, vice president of impact and improvement, New Teacher Center
January 16, 2018 - Webinar: 2018 TELL Oregon Pre-Survey Webinar
On January 16, 2018 at 11:00 am PST - The New Teacher Center will provide a pre-survey webinar. This interactive meeting will guide attendees through details about the 2018 TELL Oregon Survey, including background, key talking points, and FAQs. Please RSVP below if you plan on participating in the pre-survey webinar.
January 22, 2018 - TELL Survey Packets Begin Arriving in Schools
TELL Survey packets will be mailed to each public school in Oregon during the week of January 16, 2018 to begin arriving the week of January 22. These bundles include these three items:
2018 TELL Oregon Poster
One copy of the poster is provided for schools to hang up in a place for teachers to see it.
2018 Instruction Letter
One copy of the instruction letter addressed to the school's principal has information for setting up a meeting to distribute the TELL letter to educators.
2018 Letter to Educators
Letters with access codes for all educators at the school are included in the TELL packet.
February 01, 2018 - TELL Oregon 2018 Survey Launches
The 2018 TELL Oregon Survey Launches on February 1, 2018.
The survey will be available from any internet connection through this website from February 1-28, 2018.